Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Idiocracy" Hits Home

Money from the future shows the evolution of the presidency.
If you have not seen the movie "Idiocracy," try to as soon as possible. But be forewarned-- it is not for the faint of heart. It foretells a bleak future for our species, and one which is well underway as anyone with half a brain, which is most of us, knows. In a nutshell, people are getting dumber, and 500 years hence the dumbest among us shall rule the world.  And wait til you get a load of who's the President! Anyone who doubts that we are getting stupider by the minute should simply pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal, once a beacon of intelligence, and see the depths to which it has sunk, or is it sunken? (See, I don't even know which is the correct word, and I used to. I'm getting dumber right now.)

One example of authentic idiocracy in action from today's paper can be found on page D3, wherein a reader with a personal quandary asks: "Can you give me some suggestions for some good-looking (iPad) cases that aren't cumbersome? It needs to be masculine-looking and not too expensive." Jeez, has the person never heard of Google? Or Dogpile or Yahoo or Bing, for that matter? I mean really, who asks a newspaper columnist anything anymore?

Okay, yes, I am bitter today. I did not win yesterday's Powerball and I'm still pretty upset about it. And my son bought a ticket too, and he's a lucky type so I thought for sure if I didn't win then he would. I was so ready.






1 comment:

  1. oh, and I didn't even buy a chance. see how dumb i turned out?

    ReplyDelete

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...