Saturday, November 3, 2012

Drop That Donut, Dummy!

Although I know a lot, there's still so much more to learn, and I'm not just talking about the names of all the state capitals. Just this morning I added two new facts to my arsenal simply by reading the newspaper and surfing the Internet:
     1. Making funny faces, a seemingly silly activity, is now more pretentiously known as "face yoga." Stretching the underlying facial muscles, the practice can perk up the skin and forestall the appearance of aging. Ironically, most of the people who go around making funny faces are children, and they have no wrinkles. Now I'm wondering--could that be why?
     2. According to a scientific study, the results of which were recently presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, fatter people really are dumber than thinner people. After four months of weight training and exercising, the formerly tubby subjects in the study not only lost weight and gained fitness, but also showed significant improvement on tests of mental acuity. Just one more reason to avoid your local Dunkin' Donuts shop.

1 comment:

  1. I read that photo, "i can eat a dozen donuts in one shitting...."

    ReplyDelete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...