Monday, September 21, 2026

The Ultimate Win-Win

I have trouble believing that every single doctor's office is experiencing a higher than usual call volume, even at the exact moment they open at eight in the morning. And that every one of them has just changed their menu, so you have to listen carefully. And that every one of them considers your call very important. And that all of their staff are busy helping other callers. I just don't buy any of it.

Due to an unfortunate series of events, I have been hearing that shit a lot lately, followed by weird music for long periods of being on hold. It's made me pretty sour on the entire medical profession. Growing up, I saw doctors as gods, and now I see them as devils. Who has changed -- them or me?

Doctors, lawyers, and even dentists don't seem to have our best interests front and center. Last week I had a cavity filled for $350 and afterwards the dentist said that if that tooth started to hurt it likely would have to be pulled, at an even higher price no doubt. So why fill it? 

IMO, the only people you can trust to actually do their best for you are personal trainers. They succeed when you succeed, so naturally they want you to. It's the ultimate win-win. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tit For Tat In Maine Politics

Here in Maine, long considered the ultimate autumn getaway offering fabulous foliage and luscious lobster, war has broken out between suppor...