Wednesday, September 16, 2026

A Royal Pain In The Ass

The King and Queen, all ready for Halloween
I did not get up in the middle of the night all those years ago to watch Prince Charles marry Princess Diana like all my gay friends did, including my boss at the time who stayed home the next day because he was exhausted. I'll admit that Diana's car crash was pretty exciting, and then Charles marrying Camilla caught my attention, mostly because all of England hated her but he married her anyway. But those days are gone and now it's just boring sitcom crap, day after annoying day. 

England's Royal Family has never interested me, even when I spent two weeks over there last year. I had a great time but I did not visit royal palaces or see any changing of any guards. So naturally I am getting really tired of all the stories online about Princes Harry and William, one of whom is no longer a prince, and Kate Middleton and Meghan and all their little ones, Lisbeth I think one of them is named and little George, all of them dressed up in their silly outfits for special occasions. 

But for reasons unknown to me, editors and publishers think Americans are fascinated by what Fergie is up to these days or if Prince Andrew -- again, not a prince anymore -- really is a pederast who hung out on Epstein Island. Meghan Markel (or is it Markle) is in our faces all the time, maybe because she is part black and so that makes her story more compelling, what with its racist overtones.

Well guess what. None of it is interesting, at least not to normal Americans who have many other meaningless celebrities to dote on, like Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce and the Kardashian crew and plenty of others I never heard of. 

I say let's keep all the news about  the Royals over there, across the pond. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Royal Pain In The Ass

The King and Queen, all ready for Halloween I did not get up in the middle of the night all those years ago to watch Prince Charles marry Pr...