Monday, September 14, 2026

It's Coming To Get You

From the minute I first heard about A.I., which stands for Artificial Intelligence, I was worried. How could that be something good? The very word "artificial" is a negative, meaning something that is fake, imitation or a sham. So from the get-go I've been a non-supporter.

Sadly, my husband loves A.I. His best friends are Grok, Gemini and ChatGPT. He consults with them constantly and takes their words as gospel. When I tell Mitch he's part of the problem, he checks to see if Grok agrees. Apparently it's too late for him -- he's hooked.

Now, finally, our leaders of government and industry are worried. Warnings are everywhere -- on TV, in newspapers, online -- about how A.I. could ruin mankind in as little as ten years. Companies who produce the wicked stuff are being implored to slow things down in order to avert certain disaster. Meanwhile, countries including China and Russia are going full steam ahead, and according to President Trump the US must beat them at this game! Not sure what "beating them" entails, but it can't be good.

It's funny how humans keep inventing things to bring about their own downfall. Excuse me while I go chop some vegetables on my plastic cutting board, thus ingesting little bits of plastic that will ultimately kill me far sooner than my eventual A.I. robot-ordered annihilation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Coming To Get You

From the minute I first heard about A.I., which stands for Artificial Intelligence, I was worried. How could that be something good? The ver...