Tuesday, October 19, 2021

The Power of the Blob Mob

I'm surprised this hasn't made the national news, but in the last two days a slew of women have been having cows all over town. Apparently it's because of this blog and all the "hateful things" I have written here! For example, I once called a local woman "snooty." This is another word for snobby, and is used to describe a person who believes they have better taste or higher standards than other people and treats them in a condescending way because of it.

The woman, who has since passed on, actually did have better taste and higher standards, and many people feared her for that reason. I liked her: An art lover, she had great clothes, a dramatic sense of style and a terrific personality. One of the times I had lunch with her I brought along an artist friend who wanted to meet this woman. My friend was terrified all during the meal that she would do or say something wrong because she found Mabel so intimidating. "You mean sort of snooty?" I asked her afterwards. "Yes, that's it," my friend answered.


In another post, actually several posts, I criticized fat people, mocking the concept of "fat acceptance." They are also unhealthy and poor role models for their kids, who end up fat themselves and with diabetes by age 11. Obesity kills, costing the health and insurance industries tons (haha) of money every year. I understand food addiction, believe me, as I have battled it myself. But it is an addiction and should be regarded as such -- with disdain, certainly not acceptance.

Another faux pas of mine was mocking all those Black Lives Matter signs on front lawns, especially when  the people proclaiming such have no black friends, which is often the case here in Maine. They just stick up that sign and figure they've done their part to end discrimination as well as protect themselves from possible harm, sort of like wearing a necklace of garlic to ward off Death.

None of this has ever mattered to anyone but a handful of loyal readers who have enjoyed my daily musings. But suddenly, with my husband running for a seat on the local Town Council, the hatemongers on the other side are hoping to discredit him by spreading the word that his wife is Evil. Usually I have between 100 to 200 daily readers. So far today that number is 3,077.

Never underestimate the power of a fat, unhappy Democrat.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...