Thursday, October 7, 2021

Gabby Petito, Dead TV Star

The Petito Family on Dr. Phil's TV show.

Young Gabby Petito's family has been doing the TV interview circuit since her lifeless body was discovered two weeks ago. This makes me crazy. I mean crazier than I already am. Just now I saw them on the news -- the mom, the dad, the step-dad and the sister -- all quite composed and ready for their 15 minutes of fame. They answered questions  like, "When did you realize that Gabby wasn't coming home?" The mom actually laughed a few times.

I can hardly allow myself to think of something as horrible as my grown son being murdered by his significant other and having his body found in a wooded area and his face plastered on TV and on magazine covers everywhere, day in and day out, but if I try hard I come up with the following most likely scenarios:

1. I would kill myself immediately.

2. Lacking the nerve to do that, and not wanting to hurt my husband any further, I would stay in bed all the time, stop eating, and cry constantly.

3. I would probably get up to feed my cat, which originally belonged to my son, but that's it.

Certainly, I would never go on TV and answer the simpering questions of the simpering reporters who only want to increase their ratings with sensational tidbits concerning my life-destroying loss. Really, Petito Family, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...