Saturday, October 16, 2021

Brought Down by Morgan Freeman

Gregory Hines

According to AOL and Instagram and Facebook I am armed and dangerous. Armed not with guns but with a brain and the guts to speak what I see as the truth. Because of that I cannot promise how long this blog will be allowed to publish on this platform, what with me saying outrageous things like I'm sick of Morgan Freeman, which I did yesterday. This morning I received a notice that my "hate speech" is under review because it does not meet community standards, meaning hate speech is only appropriate when aimed at Donald Trump.  

Still, I dislike Freeman, not only in every role he has played but in all his sanctimonious commercial spots done in that smug, somber tone of voice we are supposed to consider Shakespearean. I stand by my dislike of Freeman even though he's black and you're not supposed to say bad things about black people unless you are a black rapper and then anything goes, even murder (see Da Baby). An icon of the entertainment world, Freeman is not only black but articulate and (I'm assuming) clean, like Obama was when Joe Biden cited him for being just that.

To plead my case and thus not get kicked off the Internet I will remind the censors that I have written here before of my devotion to Dave Chappelle, Denzel Washington, Stanley on The Office, Idris Elba and the late Gregory Hines, who was my all-time heartthrob until he tragically died at age 57 in 2003. We must never forget him -- the greatest tap dancer ever, IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...