Saturday, June 20, 2020

Itch Season

Breakfast these days: Black coffee with Cortizone.
All you people who can't come to Maine for vacation this year because of the Covid-19 pandemic, take heart: You don't want to be here now, believe me. It may be summertime where you live, but where I live it's Itch Season thanks to the browntail moth caterpillar, the tiny hairs of which float through the air with the greatest of ease and cause irritation to human skin. Unlike a mosquito bite that itches where you got bit, the browntail moth, found only on the coast of Maine and Cape Cod, causes itching wherever you happen to have skin. In my case it's all over my entire body.

This doesn't mean you don't still get mosquito bites. So stay put and be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't experienced this yet and I shouldn't have typed that oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...