Friday, October 25, 2019

Do it, Hillary!

It's been floating around for weeks: Hillary Clinton may run for president in 2020. This is sad in the extreme, but only for her. For all of us it would be a fun few months of rubbernecking. Imagine the horror of watching her lose again; who knows what she would do this time. Of course she would lose, since nobody wanted her in 2016 and now she's four years older and more apt to collapse in public, while hubby Bill is looking longer in the tooth and very skinny. Who wants those old bones rattling around the White House?

Admit it: Our choices remain paltry, and that's being kind. I've gone from this one to that one and the other one, and still I can't really feel good about any of the declared candidates. We could do worse than Cory Booker, after all he's such a clean and articulate black man. (Hey, don't jump down my throat, that's exactly how Joe Biden described Barack Obama back when he was running for president, and today Biden leads the pack of Democratic hopefuls, although Pocahontas Warren may be a hair ahead of him.) Cory is always upbeat and never rags on his opponents, although being unmarried at age 50 hints at some deep personality flaw that has yet to surface.

Personally I can't imagine a better night of TV than sitting down with a bottle of red and some munchies and watching Trump beat Hillary in a landslide. Just the sight of a stunned Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow would be worth another four years of Trump. As for Nancy Pelosi, her dentures would surely fall out when her jaw dropped open. It's all good.


2 comments:

  1. OMG 7 years ago my cat stormy disappeared for 2 weeks around this time of year, I posted a laminated poster around the neighborhood and come to find out, our crazy lady neighbor had her in her garage. I didn't get upset, she called me on my cell phone, didn't give me any information, but the next morning she was on my deck cold and skinny, I just screamed her name, scooped her up and held her bawling my eyes out (like I had when she was missing) the nutty neighbor called to see if she had returned. My partner wanted to go over and yell at her and I said no, just leave it alone, she's now 12 and still likes to sneak out only at night and come back in within 1/2 hour or so. I'm just not the kind of person that can force a cat to stay in the house, it's how I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulsi Gabbard for president and Andrew Yang for vice Cory has a slight wall eye, makes him look crazy to me (although I'll vote for Trump)

    ReplyDelete

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...