Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Prognostication

With hurricane season upon us, I'm thinking it looks like fun to be a TV weather forecaster, maybe on the The Weather Channel since that's everyone's go-to expert. But before I audition, I'm practicing here with a local weather forecast in my area:

"It's getting darker earlier these days, which tells me that summer is over and we can expect fall any time now, say towards the end of September. This evening it will become dark, and stay that way until morning. It looks a bit cloudy right now, so it might rain. In fact we could have some locally heavy thunderstorms with damaging winds, making power outages possible. If you're not prepared, I suggest going out and getting candles, a gas lantern, batteries, water, eggs, butter, milk, OJ, pet food and a copy of The National Enquirer in case the storm turns out to be even bigger than we think and you're stuck at home with no TV or Internet. Keep in mind that it might not rain at all, since it seems to be brightening. Then again, it might just sprinkle a little, so if you need to water your vegetable garden you should, although if it does rain a lot then you'll be sorry."

How'd I do?

2 comments:

  1. very funny and true. George Carlin Hippy Dippy Weathermanesque don't have an account so brian wrote this anonymously or I might have I'm not sure. I'll ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than the Dorian forecast for Florida that’s for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...