Monday, September 2, 2019

Brain Power

I have long suspected that people are as different on the inside as they are on the outside. Last night I got tangible proof that this is the case. After a lovely dinner with our friends, my husband and I joined the other four in our living room-turned-art studio for a "paint and sip party."


Instructing them to follow their instincts and avoid looking at anyone else's work, I ran around filling wine glasses and offering helpful, or in some cases (I was told) annoying suggestions while the five of them got busy painting. After about two hours, they finished and presented their work for a group critique. As you can see, despite all the artists being human and all being friends, their final products have absolutely nothing in common besides the size of the canvas (12 x 12 inches.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...