Thursday, April 25, 2019

My Prediction for 2020

According to everything I have read on the subject, I am what is called "highly sensitive." Another word for it is "hyper-empathic." This means that every little thing bothers me. This has been true since childhood, when my parents called me "The Princess and the Pea," referring to the story of that name about, well -- about a princess and a pea. The pea was stuck under a pile of about 20 mattresses but the princess could still feel it and couldn't fall asleep, or something like that.

One of the worst things about my condition is tolerating all the average, normal people stomping through life with nary a thought of how their clumsy, selfish, loud, boorish and bullish behaviors impact those around them. This is most evident in restaurants, airports and movie theaters. Thus I stay home with my cat, who silently tiptoes around. (It's his nature.) One of the best things about my condition is the ability to intuit future events through relentless and careful observation of society.

Thus, my prediction for 2020: People hate Donald Trump for just about every reason imaginable, but I dislike him only for one: He's klutzy. I bet he makes a lot of noise around the house. This is exactly why I wrote in John Kasich in the 2016 election; he's a quiet guy. This time around my vote would go to Mayor Pete, who seems quite light-footed and considerate of others. Of course he won't be the candidate, since quiet folks never get to the top of any heap. Therefore I predict that the noisiest of the Democrats will win the nomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...