Monday, June 25, 2018

Who You Callin' Deplorable?

I think I might try my hand at becoming deplorable, or more deplorable if you already consider me deplorable, although I personally do not. But the behavior of all those Hillary-lovers who thought she was the better choice in our last election has gone steadily downhill as they fail to grieve their loss in any sort of decent and mature way. In a desperate effort to distance myself from them I may have to vote for Trump in 2020, which I did not do last time.

One clear example of how the whole lot of them are going nuts was the unbelievably childish act of the owner of the Red Hen, a 26-seat restaurant in Lexington, Virginia, kicking Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who was already halfway through her entree, out of the establishment because she works for Trump. The self-righteous and deplorable owner said the restaurant has "standards to uphold" and several gay workers in the kitchen to defend, so Sarah could not remain there with her husband and six friends and eat their food. Sarah graciously said she understood and left the establishment calmly, without so much as a doggie bag.

WTF? The people on the left -- liberals or Democrats or call them what you will -- have clearly gone bonkers and consider themselves to be Heaven-bound despite their own past sins. Here are just a few of the Democrats I know who still consider themselves above me because I voted for George W. Bush (twice) all those years ago:

1. A lifelong alcoholic who is usually passed out by eight each night declared that my husband and I "have no soul" due to our politics and is now banning us from attending his upcoming 70th birthday bash because we are so deplorable!

The Holier-Than-Thou Red Hen
2. A once-close friend dropped me cold, saying "I can't know you anymore" after I voted for Bush. This was on the heels of his year-long affair carried on with another friend of mine while his wife was away, recovering from the birth of their new baby. Despite my noisy protestations he continued his infidelity. I kept his secret, still, he considered me deplorable!

3. A loony liberal who claimed "all Republicans are scum" and admitted it was "hard for us to be friends" because of my politics spent at least five years smuggling cocaine into the country by swallowing little bags of it and flying back and forth to Mexico. She was the mother of a toddler at the time. Admit it, that's deplorable!

4. A childless avowed Democrat who used abortion as birth control for years -- at last count she had undergone six -- ended our 30-year friendship when I said I "understood the pro-life viewpoint" after having a baby of my own. She found that way too deplorable!

Now that's a fine bunch of deplorables who would be welcome at the Red Hen anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...