Saturday, June 9, 2018

It's a Jungle Out There

I made a personal promise not to hang myself from a doorknob no matter how depressed I get, but more and more that's a hard promise to keep if you read the news. Besides learning about people who have done that recently, all the horror stories floating around the Internet and infecting my brain make it hard to stay upbeat, try as I might.

A recent one concerns a woman in Florida who has been missing for days, last seen while walking her two pit bulls. Then, a few days later, a human arm was found inside an alligator in a neighborhood pond, and authorities are putting two and two together. (Well, not two and two since they just found the one arm, but you know what I mean.) Anyway, I was surprised that people would walk anywhere near a pond in Florida since that toddler got eaten in Disneyland awhile back, and even more surprised that they still get pit bulls.

Face it: It's a jungle out there. Best to stay home and paint pretty pictures. Shown below is one I'm working on at the moment that has nothing to do with suicide or depression or animals eating people. I like it, although it still needs something --  I may add a small pond in the distance outside the window, with an alligator looking guilty. Or a pit bull attacking a toddler. That would make it more relevant for sure. Who knows, it might even sell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...