Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Eggs

Today is Easter, a holiday celebrated by people who believe that Christ died on the cross thousands of years ago and then came back to life three days later, leading them to say, "He is risen!"

I am not one of those people. But since my son was about three or four years old, our family has dyed eggs on this day to partake in what little can be festive relating to such a dire occurrence. 

I have never known what eggs have to do with the whole story, and colored ones at that, but we still dye them every Easter, even though our son is now 36. It's fun, and so little fun is available these days, what with the impending death of democracy threatening everyone.

The accompanying photos show the results of our efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...