Thursday, March 7, 2024

Palace Intrigue

Let me say at the outset that I watched The Crown, twice in fact, and loved every minute of it --okay, not the episodes about Diana, but all the rest. Still, even though Princess Kate has been AWOL since Christmas, giving rise to many speculative stories and conspiracy theories about her alleged "abdominal surgery," I can go on with my life. That does not seem to be true for the entire British citizenry, who are obsessed with Kate's insides and demand to know where the heck she is.

Botox? Nose job? Cheek implants?
Don't get me wrong -- I like Kate Middleton. She's very pretty, seems sweet and most of all has incredible posture, something I envy since I have been slumped over since 4th grade when my breasts showed up and had me in a D cup by the age of 12. Anyway, Kate is great in my book, and while I certainly don't want her to die prematurely, I can survive without knowing what's up with her.

The British people, however, are sick in the head when it comes to the Royal Family. My husband's explanation is that they are like "pets" to the British people, which makes the most sense of anything I've heard. 

They want to know what kind of surgery (a hysterectomy does not require four months of recuperation), where is she now, where has she been, who's taking care of her kids, has she been in a coma, is she still in a coma, did she suffer complications, did she have plastic surgery -- maybe a tummy tuck -- is she already dead and was that lady recently seen driving in a car with Kate's mother really her.

Enough already with Kate! What I want to know is how anyone in their right mind can vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...