Friday, June 28, 2013

What, Me Worry?


Everywhere I turn, everywhere I go, I hear the same thing: "One in three people will get shingles in their lifetime." It's the part about it being in my lifetime that has me worried, because if it's not in my lifetime I don't really care. I used to worry about so many things, but now my time is pretty much taken up by worrying about shingles. In fact, I've stopped making plans for anything with anyone until I get those damn shingles already. I have a 33% chance of getting them, so with any luck I guess I will.

Actually, the shingles are already living inside me because I had chickenpox as a child. Shingles are terribly painful blisters. Or else they are open sores that burn like the fires of Hell. You would not wish it on your worst enemy. This is what the advertisers of the vaccine have decided to tell the public. It's alarming. So I called my doctor, again, and they said the same thing they said the last time: The vaccine is expensive, it is not covered by insurance, and it only works half the time. 

This all applies to you too, you know.




8 comments:

  1. Haven't you heard that what you THINK about is actually attracted to you? The laws of attraction work! If you THINK and dwell on really good stuff like love, good health, and wealth then it will become your reality. start writing about your beauty, your happiness, and your love......and good stuff will start rolling in. It may not be what you were expecting but it will be GOOD. If you keep talking about shingles, you will probably get them or some other rotten thing......
    just saying. uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfred E. Neuman played a MAJOR role in my youth. All good memories surround MAD MAGAZINE. spy vs. spy. the fold in page at the back. so very yummy. I worked hard for the less than 50 cents each issue cost me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lot of happy sappy talk if ya ask me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You respond to your commentators as above and you wonder why you're losing readers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called tough love. And I don't care if I lose
      readers, it changes nothing.

      Delete
  5. That thing about attractions ... think positive and positive things will happen ... my personal perspective is crockoshit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I told you lately how much I love you, Judy?

      Delete

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...