Friday, June 14, 2013

The Art of Eating


My husband and I went out for dinner recently, and honest to god, I did not understand at least half of the menu, and it was an American restaurant. I did notice that "Roasted Pig's Face" was one of the entrees. (I resisted.) This trend is disturbing, especially since I am considering opening a restaurant and thus have begun thinking about the copy for the menu. Even if the food is plain, it better not sound that way or the customers will leave before they even taste anything. With that in mind, I decided to hone my menu-writing skills with my simple two-egg breakfast this morning:

Spinach, Dill and Blueberry Omelet
Two extra-large, free-range, local pasture-raised Eggs with chopped, organic, Maine-grown, pesticide-free Baby Spinach leaves, dried all-natural and organic Lao coriander (dill) and Wild Maine organic high-bush Blueberries cooked in clarified butter (ghee) and served with slices of fair-trade "Sugarloaf" South American Pineapple and a generous portion of Driscoll's non-GMO, premium, all-natural, organic jumbo Strawberries

Coffee
Organic, fair trade certified, dark roast Wicked French whole bean Maine-roasted Coffee, with a smoky, rich and smooth taste and no bitter aftertaste

From the Bakery
Gluten-free, organic, whole-grain and seeded 100% hulled wheat Breads are available upon request, however bear in mind that carbohydrates are addicting and unnecessary for a healthy diet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...