Wednesday, June 5, 2013

So Much for Dieting

Well, I had some cake after all. And not just any cake, it was dark chocolate, Greek yogurt cheesecake with whipped cream, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and a chocolate cookie crust. It was to die for. It was the best cake, perhaps the best food, I have ever eaten. It was consumed at a restaurant in Portland called Emilitsa on Congress Street. The chef there makes one of them every day, using Famous Chocolate Wafers for the crust. You have to have it, it's worth a trip here.  The rest of the food is also fabulous, I am not kidding, although we had a bottle of wine between the two of us and I may be a bit tipsy. Happy birthday to me. Sometimes eating can be a gift.

1 comment:

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...