Saturday, June 8, 2013

Meaning of Life, Thy Name is Facebook

It's tough out there alone. I tried, and failed. In fact, it was much easier giving up smoking than giving up Facebook. I lasted one full day.

The morning of the day I was filled with excitement and hope, sort of like all those folks who voted for Obama the first time. Hope and change--what could be bad? By the afternoon that had started to dim, but I reminded myself it was a good thing to do and it was naturally hard to break a habit so ingrained. After all, Facebook was robbing me of my life. Then I realized by nightfall, and after my husband and son and cousin had all told me that trying to go solo was a bad idea, that the life Facebook was robbing me of was in many ways worse than the life it offered. So I reactivated my account and started playing Words With Friends right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...