Monday, April 15, 2024

I'm Big in Hong Kong

Rainy day in Hong Kong
I have never been to Hong Kong, nor have I ever wanted to go. It seems very crowded, at least from all the photos I've seen. And several years ago in NYC during the Christmas season when the streets were clogged with revelers and one could hardly take a step, I overheard a woman say, "This is just like being in Hong Kong." That was enough for me.

Yet, according to the statistical data associated with this blog, most of my readers are in Hong Kong. They number in the thousands, whereas here in America there are a paltry few hundred. So who knows, maybe I'd be a big hit in Hong Kong and make lots of money and get lots of comments on my blog, maybe even be an influencer, whatever that is but they seem to make a lot of money just by going online, so I could stay home and avoid all those crowds on the streets.

"Hong Kong has only developed about 25% of its total land area, the other 75% is largely untouched. It is not surprising that the territory is so overcrowded when there are 7.4 million people cramped in 275 sq. km of land (25% of 1,100 sq.km)."

But the food. Who could eat Chinese food every day? (I know, Chinese people.) My old friend Maxine, who travelled there often when she was the press secretary for Walter Mondale, always packed a jar of peanut butter and a box of saltines because she didn't like the local cuisine.

So I might be stuck here in America, unless Joe and Kamala get re-elected. Then who knows, the crowds in Hong Kong might be worth it. I'd do anything to escape that horror.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...