Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Plank, Shmank -- Everyone Is Special

Okay, but what else can she do?

Big news: Recently a 58-year-old Canadian woman broke the world record for the longest plank, holding it for four hours, 30 minutes and 11 seconds. What I want to know is why holding your body up with only your toes and elbows touching the ground is something to be celebrated? 

Poor humans. We all seek to be special in some way, as if coming from the union of a sperm and an egg, living inside the body of another person for nine months, and then suddenly bursting out with all the body parts necessary to sustain life isn't enough

I consider my very existence an accomplishment. Plank, shmank -- just breathing in and breathing out, all day, every day, for 28,105 days so far -- is enough for me to consider myself special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...