Friday, June 3, 2022

Don't Believe Everything You Read


So many things we read on the Internet are wrong. For example, the information posted in the illustration shown at left. Lies, all of them. Or if not lies then simply un-truisms, at least for me. My diet is chock full of most of the things pictured, and yet none of the resulting benefits have shown up in my body.

Take strawberries, which allegedly "fight cancer and aging." I eat them often, all year long. And while it's true that I do not have now and have never had cancer, thank God, I continue to get older every day and my body is proof, don't even ask about my face. Aging is going on as we speak, rapidly as far as I can tell, and in fact in just two days I will be even a year older than I am right now!

And cherries. They are supposed to calm your nervous system. What a laugh that is. I eat cherries daily and have never been more nervous in my life, what with the school shooting and Ukraine war and inflation and Covid and all the rest.

I rarely eat pineapples so I guess that explains the recent bout of arthritis in my knee. And I hate mangoes-- never touch them -- which bodes poorly for my chances of coming down with cancer eventually. I better go out and get a couple of watermelons right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...