Sunday, June 12, 2022

Celebrating Pride Month


Many if not all of the LGBTQ folks have their panties in a knot because Governor Ron DeSantis, a.k.a. our next president, is planning to speak at a Jewish Leadership Conference in New York City during their Pride Month. And if that's not bad enough, he will be at a venue not far from the birthplace of the gay rights movement in the West Village. Imagine that -- ordinary people going about their ordinary lives despite it being Pride Month for those super-extraordinary gays. 

Personally, not being gay, this seems like any old month to me except for it being the month when summer officially begins and my birthday month and also the month during which we celebrate all fathers on Father's Day. I had a father and I have a husband who is a father, so that sort of matters to me. Whereas Pride Month, not so much. 

What am I supposed to do to celebrate? Stay out of the West Village? Paint my house in rainbow colors? Invite a gay to dinner? Listen to "YMCA"? If only I knew how, I'd do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...