Tuesday, April 5, 2022

No More Boosters for Me, Thanks

Another booster? No thanks, I'm good. (No -- I am not a conspiracy theorist, even though I do think that Clinton Death List is fairly suspicious.) While I don't want to contract the coronavirus in any of its ever-changing forms, I'm also not eager to introduce additional viral materials into my body for maybe a few months of protection. It's not that I think a booster will harm me, although it might, it's just that I doubt it will do much good. And if I haven't caught Covid in the last two years despite being with others who have, I probably won't.

And then there's my friend Kay, a 50-year-old healthy, happy woman who became mysteriously ill the day after receiving her first vaccination almost a year ago. Since then she spends her life in one or another doctor's office -- she's seen too many to count -- or on the Internet reading everything written about the vaccine and its effects worldwide, searching for any clue to her debilitating condition.

Kay's list of symptoms is long and depressing, including balance issues, neuropathy in her feet, fatigue, mouth sores, hearing problems, headaches and general body pain. She's been tested and retested for many things, all of which come back with no answers besides "it must have been the vaccine."

One doctor prescribed prednisone and since Kay can't exercise -- she's too exhausted -- she's put on quite a bit of weight. Like anyone in her situation, she's often depressed. Had she passed up the vaccine and contracted the virus last year, she likely would have been fine in a week or two and it would be a dim memory by now. Instead, every day for her is a living Hell.

So no thanks. No more boosters. I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...