Saturday, July 31, 2021

Kill All the Robots

I feel sorry for young people who have no memory of a time when calls to businesses were answered by real live "receptionists" who said, in dulcet tones, "Hello, how may I help you?" And they really did help you, instead of putting you on hold and forcing you to listen to a bunch of drivel or bad elevator music. 

Sadly, those days are long gone, with all those nice ladies replaced by bizarre robots answering virtually all  phones, including at your doctor's office. 

Robocalls flood our homes with nonsense and probably have a lot to do with the rising murder rate. I know I feel like killing someone when I have to listen to one more robot tell me old news about Covid-19 and how I have to wash my hands and use a mask, as if robots have hands or a face! What do they know? Making matters worse, often every word is in a totally different voice, or pitch, making them  sound like creatures from Dr. Fankenstein's laboratory.

I say kill them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...