Thursday, July 8, 2021

The Plus Side of Covid-19

"The Loud Girls"

I am feeling wistful for the early days of the pandemic. Back when everyone stayed home. There was no traffic. It was quiet. Okay, so people got sick and died, I know, and for that I am not wistful. That's sad and awful. But now what's sad and awful are the people are all back, the roads are jammed, the restaurants are full and the diners are noisier than ever after having been pent up for over a year.

At least I'm guessing that's why; what else could explain the obnoxious behavior of a group of young women at the restaurant where my husband and I went for dinner earlier this evening? I say "earlier," but we got served a lot later, owing to the lack of staff due to the ongoing unemployment checks from the government making people prefer not to work. So we got there at about 7:20 and did not see our food until about 8:20. 

This wouldn't have been so bad except for the group of VERY LOUD WOMEN WHO NEVER SHUT UP OR STOPPED LAUGHING, seated right next to us. And they had already eaten, so why didn't they leave? And what was so damned funny? And why didn't they notice that there were other patrons who likely were not wearing ear plugs and perhaps wanted to talk to one another?

I hated them. I wanted them all to contract a horribly painful disease and die the minute they left the restaurant, which they finally did only ten minutes before us. Until then they were hooting and hollering and shrieking and screaming and cackling like a group of wild banshees, or Kamala Harris.

People! They're back, and they're often hard to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...