Monday, July 26, 2021

Fact-checking the New York Times

Goodbye Jackie, we will miss you!

We buy the New York Times every Sunday in order to do the crossword puzzle in the magazine. Usually that's all I look at, but yesterday something else caught my eye: the obituary of Jackie Mason, one of my all-time favorite comedians. A Jew and a Gemini like myself, also born in June very close to my own birthday, I always related to Mason's humor. Besides seeing him on TV countless times since I was a kid, I have seen Mr. Mason perform live on stage at least three times, and each time almost busted a gut laughing. (One time I'm pretty sure I peed in my pants.)

The headline of the obituary was, "Jackie Mason Dies at 93." But the article cited his birth date as June 9, 1931. Wouldn't that have made him 90 at death? After researching a few more reputable sources, I learned that he was actually born in 1928. 

Those folks at the Times are at it again. If you read that paper, best to take it all with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...