Monday, July 19, 2021

Lazy Left-Wingers

Although I am registered as an Independent and once worked for the Democratic National Committee, I voted for George W. Bush twice. When Trump ran for re-election I voted for him, despite all his personality disorders. I love Senator Susan Collins and have always regarded the Clintons as heinous. Most of the political leaders I respect are Republicans. (Admit it: Is there any contest between Trey Gowdy or Beto O'Rourke?) I think Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are con artists. 

So according to The New York Times, these beliefs make me a "right-winger." As one of those I am supposed to be against abortion, own a gun and a pickup truck, and be an anti-vaxxer who hates Jews, blacks, Asians and anyone who is not white. 

Of course none of this is true about me. Yet that once-esteemed newspaper continually spreads those poisonous myths throughout their daily articles, editorials and especially Letters to the Editor columns, which are carefully chosen to support their psychotic beliefs.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of decent people, some of whom are friends of mine, swallowing this hogwash hook, line and sinker. Really people, try doing some critical thinking for yourself. Yeah, I know--it's harder, but what else are you doing?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...