Sunday, May 9, 2021

Virtue Signaling

We are fortunate to live in a society where you can lie about your true feelings with a few simple tools available to all. You can be a raging racist in your heart and just by sticking a simple cardboard sign on your lawn that says black lives matter, poof -- you are safe from all harm. 

Another such tool to guard against hatred from strangers and friends alike is posting your vaccination card online, or better yet --posting a video of you getting it, or adding a frame to your Facebook profile picture that says you were vaccinated. 

You can be a wife-beater, rapist, or drunken, low-life drug addict, but if you do those two things and also say Fox News sucks you are seen as a ''good person'' in the eyes of those misguided and shallow people who seem to have grabbed the wheel of society.

Here are my truths: I am an anti-vaxxer who got vaccinated because I'm not stupid. I watch Fox News (along with all the other TV networks). I don't have a sign on my lawn saying anything, but if I did it would say Jewish Lives Matter. I think transgender people have a mental illness. My pronouns are Oy, Vay and Is mere. 

Correction -- I do have a sign on my lawn. It says, ''CAUTION, PESTICIDE APPLICATION, KEEP OFF UNTIL DRY, LUCAS TREE EXPERT CO."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...