Friday, June 28, 2019

An Early Prediction

The Democratic Debates which aired over the last two nights were a lot less fun to watch than I had hoped. There was one good moment last night when that Yang guy said some people would be "laughing their asses off," a comment straight from the Trump playbook. (Not sure which people would be laughing at what since I was in another room when he said it.) Also amusing on both nights were Rachel Maddow's humongous black glasses and Chuck Todd's comb-over, the former making her look decidedly clownish and the latter pointing out his desperation over going bald.

Two old white guys don't stand a chance against a young black woman.

On a more serious note, Kamala Harris was compelling in her tearful recounting of having been part of the school bussing program as a youngster, although this morning my husband, also a participant in that federal attempt to end, or at least stifle, racism remembered it as a waste of gas that did little to change anyone's behavior.

Senator Harris said she would do a lot of things on Day One of her administration, among them put an end to racism. I wonder how. (If she knows, she should tell President Trump so we can get right on it.) Of course President Obama said he would close Gitmo on his Day One, and it's still open ten years later so I wouldn't hold my breath. Still, it's an exciting possibility and warmed me to her. I predict she will be the Democratic nominee. (If so, she'll get my vote.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...