Monday, April 23, 2018

Beware of Democrats

Hey you -- yeah, you American person. In case you think ours is a free society wherein you can voice your independent opinions, think again. This place is getting to be more and more like Nazi Germany every day, and I'm not talking about right-wingers or skinheads, I'm talking about those holier-than-thou liberals who would have you beheaded in a second, if that sort of thing were fashionable, for admitting you voted for Trump.

Today Canadian singer Shania Twain was compelled to apologize after saying in a recent interview, "I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest. Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn't be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don't want bullshit." Sounds reasonable, right? But considering the dire reaction from the twittering masses, you'd think she had admitted to hiding Jews in her basement during World War Two. So she tweeted out a four-part apology, just so she can sleep soundly at night.

I did not vote for Trump, although according to many of my friends I might as well have since I also didn't vote for Hillary and now look what happened! As I have said in this space many times before, I cast my vote for John Kasich, and now don't you all wish you had too? If I had voted for Trump I would never in a million, billion years admit it, for fear of serious reprisals. Yes, fear -- those all-loving, all-encompassing, Democratic free-thinkers are really, really scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...