Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Bad Day

How is it possible that some days seem to drag on forever, like at a wedding where you don't know anybody but your husband works with the guy, or when you wait from 9 to 5 for the plumber and he never shows because you read your calendar wrong and it's tomorrow, or your cat is missing and you comb the neighborhood for hours, sobbing and shaking her treat jar, only to come home and find her sleeping in the bottom of your closet, yet your whole life goes by so fast and it's over before you know it?

Yesterday morning when I woke up I felt funny and decided to check my blood pressure. It was 233/109, a new personal best. Naturally I have been dealing with it since then. As usual, my primary care physician told me, "it's not uncommon." I wanted to say, "Yeah, and you know what else is not uncommon? Death!" But I didn't. Why ruin his day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...