Friday, April 20, 2018

I Love Woody Allen!

Why is Donald Trump such a lightning rod of emotions? You can say you don't like just about anything or anyone or anyplace -- a movie, a book, a restaurant, a food, a city or an entire country, and chances are your audience will yawn and move on. But say you don't like Trump and they're out for blood, put up your dukes, waddya mean, why not?

This happened to me recently with one of my dearest and oldest friends who balked because I said I dislike Sean Hannity, not because of his weird haircut which is indeed really weird, but because he is an apologist for the president while masquerading as a journalist. Several defense-of-Trump emails later, she asked me, "How perfect are YOU?"

Well, let me state here and now that I am not perfect and I love it! I drink, I smoke pot, and I lie liberally. I curse like a truck driver, I've had several abortions, and I hate fat people.

The good news is that I am not the president! Also, I am not a leader of any kind, nor do I aspire to be. I am that wild and wacky thing called an artist, so I am free to be me, with all my faults, as long as the painting turns out nice. And by the way, I sold one this week to  my wonderful friend Jay R. who insisted on paying me, a rare thing among my many wonderful friends who have loved and accepted my art for free.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...