Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pill Popping

I would definitely take #2, 5 and 6. How about you?

I have become something of a drug addict in my later years. Sadly this is not unusual, as most people take something for something once they pass the age of fifty, which I did two decades ago. Now I take six pills a day at the behest of my physician, and although collectively they might be saving my life, I walk around feeling like crap most days. Dizziness, dreariness, blurriness, depression, sadness, fatigue and lack of appetite are traded for high blood pressure and blood clots. Oh well, I guess.

We are a nation of pill poppers. I wonder what would happen if we all stopped. Would there suddenly be a lot of deaths? More hospitalizations? Or just lots of executives at big pharmaceutical companies jumping out of high-floor windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...