Thursday, February 25, 2016

Facebook Feelings

"Let nothing upset you. Let nothing frighten you. Everything is changing. God alone is changeless. Patience attains the goal. Who has God has everything. Only God fills every need."

I tell myself this every morning when I wake up and at difficult moments during the day, and again at night when I am trying to fall asleep. Sometimes it works, but honestly, most of the time it's like putting a Band-Aid on a patient after open heart surgery. Life in the year 2016 is crazy, let's face it. You know it and I know it. But somehow the folks at Facebook do not know it, or at least don't want to admit it, and so they have come up a bit short with their new Reaction buttons that allow you to do more than just "Like" something. Now you can register a few other feelings, like Happy, Sad, Angry, Wow and HaHa.

I am guessing "Wow" is the one they offer to register all those other states of being that dog us through life, like Could Care Less, In the Gutter, Wish I Could Be You, High As a Kite, Considering Suicide, Sick and Tired of Your Bullshit, Not Even Who I Say I Am, Hate Your Guts But Friended You Anyway and Desperately Want to Deactivate My Account But Without It I Am Truly Alone. Now those would be some helpful buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...