Tuesday, March 26, 2024

It's Challerhocker, Not Vonderdunk

In the latest episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which aired Sunday night at 10 pm eastern time on MAX and which I watched last night, Larry drives to a fancy cheese shop in Beverly Hills and buys a wedge of Vonderdunk cheese. Apparently it is quite good and very pricey, and fit for a millionaire. Naturally I, and probably everyone else watching the show, wanted some immediately. 

So I Googled it and learned that there is no such cheese. It's a fictional name, who knows why. What Larry bought, and is seen in close-up, is actually called Challerhocker, at least according to some self-proclaimed cheese expert who seems quite credible. 

Challerhocker is available at several food purveyor sites online. I can't explain it but I want some. After all, I love cheese and I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. How could it not be great? I'd bet I'm not the only one ordering this cheese today, which I admit is sort of pathetic. But really, why not at least eat like a millionaire once in awhile?

1 comment:

  1. Do it ! I def want some. I bet we’ll looove it

    ReplyDelete

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...