Saturday, March 10, 2018

My Very Short Bucket List

This morning I made a giant mistake before I even got out of bed and read an article online about a young woman who, during a meth-induced hallucination, "dug out her own eyes with her hands" because God told her to make a sacrifice, or something like that. Now she is permanently blind and is "much happier," saying she'd "rather be blind than on drugs." She's learning to play the guitar.  Someone should clue her in that most people are not on drugs and are also not blind, and that many, many people learn how to play the guitar without doing weird shit to themselves first.

Besides wondering how someone can possibly dig our their own eyes with their bare hands when I cannot even remove a splinter from my finger with a pair of tweezers, I was left thinking that humans are surely the most pathetic and least admirable species on this planet. I dare anyone to disagree. The recent murder of 17 innocent people in a Florida high-school by a 19-year-old with anger issues is yet another example, of which there are hundreds, if not thousands more.

As a human being myself, I'm greatly concerned. My own bad behavior at times has disgusted me, and who knows -- someday it might get even worse. I don't understand why people are so bad, not just to others but themselves. Is this all because Eve ate the apple and God was pissed and banished her from the Garden of Eden? Does anyone even believe there was ever an Eve, an apple, or a snake that could talk? Is there a God?

More importantly, might there be another planet out there where there's no trouble? Is it somewhere over the rainbow? (Which reminds me -- why did Judy Garland choose to become a drug addict and alcoholic when she was so beautiful, with a voice like an angel?) If so, how do we get there? I'd like to know, because it's the only destination on my bucket list and I'm not getting any younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...