Thursday, February 18, 2016

Measuring Up


The silliest thing you can do in life is compare yourself to others. It's pointless and thus a complete waste of time. Think about it for a minute and you'll surely agree. If the other person is taller, you're too short. Smarter, you're a dummy. Richer, you're in the poorhouse. And so on and so on. Instead, a good exercise is comparing yourself to your past self and seeing how far you've come -- or fallen behind. Either way, the measuring stick is a valid one.

To that end I present my very first blog post, written in 2007:
Passing Middle Age
I no longer take Lipitor. At least that.

2 comments:

  1. and Larry King was still alive . . .

    Great list in that first blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry King IS still alive! He is 82....just not on TV anymore, at least not much.

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...