Saturday, August 19, 2023

Three Reasons to Stay Alive

War, racial tension, starvation, homelessness, drug addiction, disease and natural disasters continually wreak havoc on the planet and its people. Most days it's hard to remember how life is glorious and that we should thank God often for allowing us to be part of it. Some days, in fact, I can hardly think of any reason to stick around. Then I remember two: First, someone has to feed the cat  -- my husband never does it quite right -- and second, I'm curious to see who wins the election in 2024. So I just go ahead and do my day.

Another reason is theater. Last night we attended a performance of "Something Rotten!" -- a highly original musical that enjoyed a two-year run on Broadway and is now circulating the country with traveling acting troupes. Usually I look askance at these local shows as I was raised on excellent Broadway fare and still have a natural bias. But this one, now showing in Brunswick at the Maine State Musical Theater, was fabulous, hysterical, professional and wildly entertaining, so much so that we are going again on Wednesday night of this coming week.

So that's another reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...