Wednesday, August 16, 2023

It's Not My Fault

A whoopee pie factory in Portland, Maine.

In Florida, a 9-year old child shot and killed a 6-year old child inside a home. In the comments section of the article, readers are blaming the NRA, Ron DeSantis, Donald Trump and all the Republicans. Excuse me -- how about the negligent parents and the murderous child? 

Personal responsibility for one's actions is a thing of the past. Now people regularly sue the makers of fast food for making them fat. I wonder, should I sue the state of Maine because of all the Whoopie Pie stores dotting the local landscape? I don't even like them, but just seeing them is triggering, making me hunt down more palatable goodies to eat. Consequently I feel remorse. 

The stress caused by satisfying an artificial urge created just by strolling the streets of any town in Maine is taking a toll on me, a former heart attack victim. Why have two giant slabs of nutritionally deficient chocolate cake stuffed with sugary icing, enough to choke an elephant, been designated as the "state dessert"?

I'm going after Governor Janet Mills. She should at least have to pay for all my lorazepam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...