Thursday, August 10, 2023

Alien Invasion

"What's for breakfast?"

Earlier this week, Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey declared a state of emergency over the growing immigration debacle. Saying there is no more available space in hotels and homeless shelters in her state,
she suggested that her constituents consider housing some of the migrants themselves, like "in a spare bedroom or suite in your home."

What a nice idea. How kumbaya. Not for me, however; I can hardly stand having people I know spend the night. While my husband and I have happily donated two quite nice 10-speed bikes and several bags of clothing, sheets and towels to the cause here in Maine, that's as far as I can go. 

In fact, rather than housing strangers from who knows where carrying God knows what drugs and/or diseases picked up from swimming across the Rio Grande in my private sanctuary from the craziness of the world, I would sooner:  

Change a flat tire on a semi

Attend a Taylor Swift concert

Do 100 burpees in a row

Spend a whole day at Disney World

Let Joe Biden sniff my hair

Fly to Israel in coach, again

Eat dog meat

Have sex with Chris Christie

So no, if they try that stunt in Maine, I'm not doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Donald Trump Is Child's Play

While the Democrats are all hot and bothered over a one-night stand between Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, threatening to imprison him fo...