Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Craziness at the Post Office

I went to our little South Freeport post office to pick up a package that had been delivered there. The guy ahead of me was hoping to mail a package, but apparently it was not to be. Our regular postmistress was out sick and so a sub was behind the counter. 

The guy wanted to pay with a credit card, which is always done there, but the acting clerk didn't know how to use the charge machine. WTF? She told the guy he would have to go get cash and come back, explaining, "I don't really work here. I haven't been inside a retail postal establishment for at least a year."

Alarmed, I asked, "So what are you doing here? Who are you?"

"Oh, I am an employee of the US Post Office, just not a clerk. I'm a supervisor."

I asked, "So does that mean you are above a postal clerk?"

"Yes."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...