Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Sudden Death

Debra, her husband Art, me and my husband Mitch, years ago.

I found out yesterday that my best friend, who I have written about numerous times in this very blog, was killed in a car accident eight days earlier. She lives far away and her family was busy falling apart in grief and who could blame them, so we did not get a call until yesterday. So for eight days I thought she was alive and having a fun vacation in a place with no cell service which is why she never texted me back, but really the reason is she was dead.

Debra is not a person who should be dead. Dozens of people counted on her for so many important things that now will never get done by anyone; she was special. People write things on her Facebook page as if she can read it. If only that were true. So many people are sad: her kids, grandkids and husband, nieces and nephews and in-laws, and many friends. She cut a wide swath.

In my life there will be no getting over it, no filling in the gaping hole she left. I'm too old to meet a new best friend and know them for 24 years and grow old together -- I'm already old. So far all I have been able to do is nothing -- and wonder why she died and Vladimir Putin is alive. God works in mysterious ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...