Thursday, March 7, 2019

I'm No Fashion Plate


I snapped the photo above from my copy of last Sunday's New York Times. An article about the latest in fashion showed the above model wearing one of this year's "must-have" looks from one of this year's top new designers whose name escapes me. Although the dress and shoes left me cold, the model's hair and whatever is going on around her nose actually gave me the willies.

But then, I'm no fashion plate. In fact, lately I care less and less about what I wear. This may be a reflection of living in Maine where L.L. Bean dresses almost all the women, or it might be a sign that aging puts a lot of superficial things in perspective.

These days my own "look" usually involves paint-stained jeans and a puffy coat, so who am I to talk? Those fashion designers keep pulling in the big bucks, so somebody must be buying the stuff. I guess they just don't wear it on vacation.

1 comment:

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...