Monday, March 4, 2019

A Bunch of Hooey


Apparently some people are born confused about who they are. They feel like they are trapped in the wrong body. I understand, since I feel that way every day. Surely I was meant to be tall and willowy. I have no doubt I would be much happier if I were. Sadly, I am of average height, and with a muffin top.

Not to make light of a serious subject but instead to address it head on, it's too late for me to accept what's going on now in the world of gender dysphoria. While I won't say it to anyone's face, I think it's a bunch of hooey. An example of said hooey can be seen in the photo above of an actor named Billy Porter. Mr. Porter attended the recent Academy Awards dressed in a velvet tuxedo gown, explaining that he chose it because he wanted to "feel comfortable."

Oh please. I hope he didn't need to go to the bathroom all night, because that dress looks like it would be pretty damn uncomfortable no matter what he's got going under there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...