Monday, September 4, 2017

Damned If You Do......


Who knew? Turns out I am risking my life writing this blog every day. Even worse is watching the news at night. That's according to The Journals of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, which published a recent study that found, "Sitting and watching TV, especially in the evening, has got to be one of the most dangerous things that older people can do."

Okay, that's it -- from now on I am going to do everything standing, except of course for sleeping and using the toilet. Otherwise, I'll be on my feet.

But wait! I read the results of a different study on WebMD that found standing five hours a day contributes to significant and prolonged lower-limb muscle fatigue, raising my risk for chronic back pain and debilitating muscular and skeletal disorders. What to do, what to do?

Maybe I'll just stop reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...