Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hurry Up and Wait

"The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali
I wish I were stranger. In fact, I am not strange in the least, which may be part of why I have never gotten very far in life. By "very far," I mean accomplishing something unique and exceptional for which I am rewarded with gobs of remuneration. Instead I have plodded along being quite normal and hiding out, opting for the least exposure to possible gunfire. Fortunately my husband is fearless and craves being in the middle of things, and so he makes all the money we need. Still, like everyone, I yearn for more than just the slow erosion of time.

Several paths are open to me, and while they seem appealing at first blush, after thoughtful consideration they all seem to lead to vast overgrown fields full of roots and ruts, ultimately requiring too much brush-hogging to be any fun.

I wonder if hoping for fun is holding me back. Is it over-rated? Anyway, maybe today....


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...