Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fat + Surgery = Bravery

I went on vacation and ate whatever and whenever I wanted for six days. Dining out with friends and family, I threw caution to the wind. Once back home, naturally I found that I had gained several pounds. My pants were uncomfortably tight around the waist and my back hurt more than usual. The worst part was that my self-esteem was out the window. I am now back to sensible eating, and liking it.

Here's a question: Why won't most fat people admit that being fat sucks? I am appalled at the all the "fat acceptance" blogs and websites out there today, with names like "I Love Fat" and "Fat is Beautiful." They have also kidnapped the concept of political correctness, bemoaning anti-fat sentiment in the media and in the workplace as unwarranted and unfair. This is just plain silly since everyone knows that obesity is not attractive, not healthy, and ruinous for relationships, both familial and romantic.

My sympathies lie with those fatties who just fess up and admit it instead of angrily playing the discrimination card to an early grave. In fact, unlike all the plastic people who undergo drastic procedures just to look better, those overweight folks who opt for weight-loss surgery to improve the quality of their lives have my utmost respect. As someone who can barely stand to have a splinter removed, I applaud their bravery. They are the true heroes in our "easy-way-out" society, enduring pain and suffering in the short-term to improve the rest of their lives and those of their children. Good luck to all who go down that road.

1 comment:

  1. have you ever heard of chubby chasers? they actually like . . .

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...